Tuesday, September 30, 2008

he got that Ambition baby look in his eyes...

Last night I was driving through Town and Country, which is a very nice part of St. Louis and I swear I had an epiphany! Or something like it anyways…I had this huge burst of ambition! As I was cruising around looking at these super nice houses I thought of a poster I saw a very long time ago. It was of this crazy nice house on the beach with 3 super cars parked in the driveway. And underneath it said, “Reasons For Higher Education” And how motivating is that huh? I think about all the things I want to do, all the things I want to have, and I really need to be rich. And not just all selfish things…I want to do things for others too. Like I want to build my parents a house and I want to get involved with a charity and save little Peruvian children and I want to save the lightning bugs! (Seriously! they are going extinct and its going to be really sad) I want a sailboat! So I can take the young men out on it. I want a theater room so my kids’ friends will come to my house! (I have this really sweet idea too! So in this theater room there are going to be a few closed circuit hidden cameras that are fed right into my bedroom. So when my daughter and some boy go to ‘watch a movie’ and somehow get distracted and end up mackin’ on each others faces I can see…But here comes the best part. There is going to be a camera in my room to so that I don’t have to get up and go get them. Rather I can just turn on my camera and project it on the screen they were ‘watching’. So it will just be my big face saying ‘James…I think its time for you to go…’ That would be sweet huh? Except maybe then my kids’ friends wouldn’t come over…hmmm. I would only use it in special circumstances. Besides I’m not trying to get in the way of my daughters having a little fun…a LITTLE fun) I want to travel too! I want to go to Belize, Bali, Montana! I want to go everywhere! I want to buy an island in Samoa. I want a summer home on a lake on the east coast, a winter home in park city, and a ‘whenever I need to get away’ condo in Miami. I want an old Ford T-Bird with bench seats so my wife and me every Sunday can go cruising around and she can sit right next to me and run her fingers through my hair. I want to buy a big ol’ cheese wheel just because who buys a cheese wheel? I want to pay for my kids to go to college and buy them crappy beat up cars like a Ford Festivas. I want to own a racehorse and have a farm in Kentucky. I want to give money to the Church and pay for some kids Mission. I want to start a scholarship for ‘white middle class males who get bad grades.’ I want to do so, so much!

But its time I stopped asking myself ‘How on earth am I going to accomplish these things?’ and rather, ‘what am I willing to do to make these things happen?’ I heard once that the people who get what they want, are the people who show up to get it…so starting today I’m going to ‘show up.’ I am not an ordinary person and I will not settle for an ordinary life! I can’t…I won’t! I refuse to!

So get ready…you’ll be hearing about me soon!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are hilarious! I don't want to rain on your parade, but I bet you will only get to send the boyfriend home from the theater trick once, cause your daughter will not allow for such humiliation more than that.

Although, maybe once is enough. Make sure you are able to record it when it happens because you can send that stuff to "Funniest Home Videos" and win money or something!

So when do you start school?

Karen said...

go for it!

STARTING WITH SCHOOL...OF COURSE

Julie Westra said...

So, it's been over a month now and you said we'd be hearing from you soon. How's all that working out for ya? You realizing your dreams yet? Has your mom put a live video camera in YOUR car? :)

Jackie said...

WD!!!! Love FLiboY!!!